tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Samuli Seppänen <samuli.seppa...@tietoteema.fi>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 and SSL connector: keystore was tampered with [SOLVED]
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:34:03 GMT
>> From: Samuli Seppänen [mailto:samuli.seppanen@tietoteema.fi]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5 and SSL connector: keystore was
>> tampered with [SOLVED]
>>
>> I suppose this Tomcat home does not apply if I use absolute
>> pathnames, like /root/newkeystore?
>
> There's always a home directory for the process, usually based on the userid the process
is running under.  If you've put the keystore file in any location other than the userid's
home directory, you must specify the location with the keystoreFile attribute.

Just for reference, the problem was not Tomcat after all... it is
somehow related to Funambol sync server.

Until this point I had started Tomcat only via the Funambol startup
scripts. Then I tested Tomcat 5.5.25 standalone on my laptop and on the
Funambol server (e.g. with startup.sh and shutdown.sh) and everything
worked perfectly with JRE 1.5 and 1.6. I could select whatever password
I want and the SSL listener would come up just fine. I have to dig into
Funambol to see  what is going on here, it's pretty weird.

Anyway, thanks for the tips!

Samuli