tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Simon <getpsi...@yahoo.com>
Subject help decipher log entry
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:14:05 GMT
Hi,

I have a tomcat server running a lone java application on vms. The problem is that it shuts
down occasionally for seemingly no reason. Could somebody help shed some light on the following
log snippet - it's the entry right before the shutdown happens. I'm really a novice when it
comes to java web programming and I'm trying to wrap my head around all this. Thanks for any
help, Paul

<snip>
StandardServer.await: accept: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Accept timed out
java.io.InterruptedIOException: Accept timed out
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await(StandardServer.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java, Compiled Code)
Tomcat Logicals and Classpaths are cleared
  APACHE$WWW   job terminated at 11-FEB-2008 15:55:48.63

  Accounting information:
  Buffered I/O count:           39413360      Peak working set size:      62048
  Direct I/O count:              1516596      Peak virtual size:         370784
  Page faults:                     13182      Mounted volumes:                0
  Charged CPU time:        0 02:33:42.39      Elapsed time:      23 03:33:32.56
SY
</snip>