tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Markov.Ya...@neftochim.bg>
Subject RE: How to kill a (stucked) Tomcat thread
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:15:22 GMT
What about the threads that I can see in ProcessExplorer under Tomcat.exe process?
Or it's too difficult to match these with threads in Tomcat manager?

С уважение, / Best Regards,
ЯНКО МАРКОВ / YANKO MARKOV

-----Original Message-----
From: David Delbecq [mailto:delbd+jakarta@oma.be]
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to kill a (stucked) Tomcat thread

There no OOTB way to terminate a Thread. Actually, java in itself does
not provide an OOTB way to kill a Thread! If the Thread is stuck
processing request, your best solution is to stop and restart tomcat.
Only way a Thread can exit in java is to exit the run() method of the
Thread. If it's a tomcat Http Thread, it will also stop working a start
sleeping when the servlet code has finished exectution (normaly or by
throwing an uncatched exception). You could try your own methods that
attempts to send a ThreadDeathException to a specific jvm thread, but
methods for this are deprecated in java....

Note that, if your application is suck in Thread but request was
disconnected, you should revise it's code so that is somehow detect it,
or refuse too long operations.

En l'instant précis du 30/01/08 13:23, Markov.Yanko@neftochim.bg
s'exprimait en ces termes:
> Hi ,all
>
> The system is Tomcat 5.0.28 started as  service, Win2003 .
> When I look at http://APPHOST/manager/status
> There is a thread that is obviously stucked  - it's TIME column  grows up and up - much
more than a number written in tomcat/webapp's web.xml.

http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)