tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matt Doller <matt.dol...@velir.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Hosts all using the same web application instance
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:10:42 GMT

Thanks for the quick response -

Sorry, I should have included this the first time around: each site is completely deployed
with the content outside of the tomcat directory - that is:

C:/sites/site1/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/...
C:/sites/site1/ROOT/META-INF/...
C:/sites/site1/ROOT/index.jsp
C:/sites/site1/ROOT/someDir/index.jsp

Nothing is in the conf/Catalina directory for any of my sites, so I'm not sure how to go about
the first option.

I think if I try the second option, creating aliases for each site instead of individual hosts,
I won't be able to run the site-specific servlets - is that correct?

After reading your email, I suppose it makes more sense for all the sites to share the .war
file, as opposed to having one running instance, however my sites aren't deployed through
tomcat, so I don't have any config info in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml...

Thanks again,
Matt