tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Does tomcat support multicores
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:01:53 GMT
> From: James Law [mailto:JLaw@generic-software.com]
> Subject: Does tomcat support multicores
>
> Hi I'm running a tomcat server, and would like to know if Tomcat can
> make use of multiple cores?

Of course - assuming your JVM does (and any modern JVM does - but you
didn't bother to mention which one you're using).

The fact that you're not seeing much CPU utilization simply means your
tests are limited by something else, such as I/O or database access.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.