tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: servlet mapping question(I believe)
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 14:42:16 GMT
> From: Terence Kent [mailto:tkent@xetus.com]
> Subject: Re: servlet mapping question(I believe)
>
> In my case I have multiple applications in the webapps
> folder, so which to name to root is ambiguous.

The one to name ROOT (not root) is the one you want clients to see when
they specify only the host name on the URL - it's the default webapp for
the web site.

> Is it acceptable to have multiple applications in a
> webapps folder,  with base directories such as:
>
> webapps/app1
> webapps/app2
>
> All sharing the same appBase, but each having a different docBase?

That is the normal way of doing things.  Note that the docBase attribute
must not be specified in any <Context> elements in this scenario, since
it's derived from the location of the webapp.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.