tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: auto-run updated classes
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:57:33 GMT
> From: David Schwartz [mailto:ds@arrayone.com]
> Subject: auto-run updated classes
>
> What is the setting/config to automatically run updated classes
> (without having to restart Tomcat each time I compile a .java file)?

Modified .jsp files can be reprocessed immediately by setting the
appropriate attributes for the JspServlet in conf/web.xml file.  For
modified .class files (or .jar files), you need to restart the webapp.
If you want that to happen automatically when you change some component
of the webapp, declare that component in a <WatchedResource> element
inside the <Context> element of the webapp.  By default, this is set to
WEB-INF/web.xml for all webapps.

More information here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20App
lication%20Deployment