tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 and SSL connector: keystore was tampered with [SOLVED]
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:41:43 GMT
> From: Samuli Seppänen [mailto:samuli.seppanen@tietoteema.fi]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5 and SSL connector: keystore was
> tampered with [SOLVED]
>
> My only problem has been the requirement to use the
> default password "changeit".

I had no problems running with a password other than "changeit" on any of 5.5.23, 5.5.25,
and various 6.0.x levels.  As long as the keystore is built with both passwords the same,
everything functions as documented.

> Take a look at "Troubleshooting" section in
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-du oc/ssl-howto.html

I don't see any problems with that portion of the doc.  Remember that Tomcat's home directory
may not be what you think it is.  Use JConsole or Lambda Probe to check the value of the user.home
system property in a running Tomcat to find out what the default location is.

 - Chuck