tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Baty <batym...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Only see html/code
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 16:18:08 GMT
Thanks everyone for their patience and support.  I reviewed my overall file structure, web.xml,
and server.xml.  I re-read http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~ryan/tech/tomcat.html which is an excellent
tutorial.  I was missing:
<Context path="" docBase="/usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/cwrecyclers" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
in the Host section of server.xml.

I've found that there's a lot of partial or misleading information on the web.

Thank again.
Chris

----- Original Message ----
From: David Smith <dns4@cornell.edu>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2008 9:11:59 PM
Subject: Re: Only see html/code

I know I'm coming into this whole thing late, but  this thread seems to

have gone on for a while and I see a number of conflicts in your config

that need to be addressed.  I'm assuming your cwrecyclers folder is a
full webapp complete with WEB-INF folder and it's own web.xml file.  If

it's just a folder of jsps in the ROOT webapp, then you still need to
fix your DocumentRoot to be /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT.

1. Don't try to put your webapp in the ROOT folder in tomcat's webapps
directory.  Instead, it should be on the same level as the ROOT webapp.

If it's your intent to make your cwrecyclers webapp the default webapp
responding to requests for /, then delete the original ROOT webapp
folder and rename cwrecyclers to ROOT.

2. Depending on how you dealt with no. 1, either change your JkMount or

your DocumentRoot to line up the URL paths between tomcat and httpd.
  If
you renamed cwrecyclers to ROOT to make it the default webapp,
DocumentRoot should be /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT and JkMount
should be /*.jsp.  If you decided to keep the cwrecyclers webapp name,
then DocumentRoot needs to be /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/cwrecyclers
and the first JkMount is fine.  Remove the second one in either case.

--David

Chris Baty wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I'm running  Tomcat 5.5 and Apache 2, with Tomcat connector (Kind of
 a newbie).  I got my Tomcat working fine at
 /usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT/cwrecyclers.  When I point the browser (locally) at
 localhost:8180/cwrecyclers/ I see exactly what I expect.  But when I look remotely
 also I see is the html.  I've looked at all my config files and they
 all look fine.  Could someone point me in the right direction?