tomcat-users mailing list archives

From puneetjain <>
Subject Facing problem in integration of PHP and tomcat
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 05:57:14 GMT

I am trying to integrate PHP with tomcat server i.e. trying to running PHP
in servlet container.

Operating System: RedHat Enterprize Linux 3
Tomcat Version: 6
PHP version: 5.2.5
Java: 1.5

Steps Performed:
1. Install the tomcat.
2. Install the php
3. Create a web project.
4. Place the php5servlet.jar in the WEB_INF/lib directory.
5. Add the below entry in my web.xml.

     <web-app xmlns="" version="2.3"

6. Create a war file and deployed on the tomcat.

When I tried to deploy this war file it says that the and libraries are missing.

I have tried these steps on Windows XP and used php5servlet.dll. PHP is
working on tomcat in windows.

I am unable to find the procedure to create/get the and library to run PHP in Tomcat container in Linux Environment.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: