tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <da...@davidwbrown.name>
Subject Re: Fwd: can't get servlets to run
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 17:53:29 GMT
Hello ilene, in fear of retribution I must give you the standard:

http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/mrel/jsr154/index2.html

Moreover, you might want to learn and understand the web application deployment file system
hierarchy as it exists under the Tomcat installation. The TC file system is fairly much the
same regardless of platform. This being said I would like to point out that in the future
to get expert guru Tomcat help you might want to clarify your issues in a bulleted or tabulated
form. This should included log file snippets from say: server.log. Java Exceptions are very
informative combined with other pieces of information. Itemize or information stepwise such
that busy people can follow easier. You know what you are doing but they don't. Send email
that is painfully obvious that you have done your homework and somebody will help. HTH.

ilene m wrote ..