tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <da...@davidwbrown.name>
Subject Re: how to auto redirect to https from http
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:14:46 GMT
Hello Dave, this is not exactly the answer you are looking for but I have been concerned with
public web security for a long time and I have finally resigned myself to the fact that if
you are using login pages that process user ids and passwords and other confidential info
that man-in-the-middle and any type of network traffic sniffing is extremely dangerous. I
run several Java apps publicly and all are 100% https/SSL all the time. It is a performance
hit but I just up the hardware to match: multi-core Linux boxes with smp and 4+ gigs mem and
other virtualization tricks as afforded by XEN and even Tomcat itself (6.0). Also please note:
JBoss is very good at multi-instance web application servers on multiple ports with only a
single machine install. If you have very serious Java web application concerns and full-time
https encryption is warrented then you might give the folks at: www.azulsystems.com a call.
HTH, David.

Dave wrote ..