tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chaohua Wang" <chaohua.w...@premierdata.com>
Subject javaee.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 20:59:43 GMT
Hi Folks,

I am new to tomcat.

Currently I am learning spring-struts-jpa-ajax stuff. And deployed to
apache-tomcat-5.5.23.
(http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html)

When I deployed war to tomcat, I got the following error:

INFO:
validateJarFile(C:\sumacadmin\out\exploded\strutsajaxWeb\WEB-INF\lib\jav
aee.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2.
Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

SEVERE: Context initialization failed

bean with name
'org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.PersistenceAnnotationBeanPostProces
sor' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested
exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/persistence/EntityManagerFactory

javax/persistence/EntityManagerFactory

javax/persistence/EntityManagerFactory is in javaee.jar file. How can I
fix this issue? Please help. Thank you very much !

Chaohua