tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barak Yaish <ba...@peer39.com>
Subject Performace problem when invoking RMI call from Tomcat Servlet
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:01:10 GMT
Hello all,

I'm running a Servlet under Tomcat 5.5.23 (CentOS 5), reside on host H1.
This servlet invokes a RMI method ( f() ) on an object found on remote host
(H2). The duration of f() when running on H1 is about 5 ms.

Somehow, the duration of the invocation in the servlet is about 30ms.
Invoking the remote method by Junit from the same machine the servlet
resides on (H1), gave result of about 10ms, which I guess include the
latency of the network itself.

Can someone help me please with any direction how can I track down the
problem? Any configuration issue I missed?

Thanks,

Barak.