tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Mapping JSP's to outside of the war or expanded folder
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:19:05 GMT

The only real POJO Application Server.
Making the Java dream come true.
----- Original Message -----
From: "emerson cargnin" <echofloripa.yell@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: Mapping JSP's to outside of the war or expanded folder
==========
I dont know if this will help... it seems the main problem is that its
deployed as a War..
Its not quite the same as Resin, but I'm almost certain Tomcat can deploy
something
called a localwar... because if one thinks about it, thats what the IDE's
are doing.

So you can place your unpacked War "anywhere" on the machine... and just
tell tomcat to use it.
Everything is outside tomcat and if you change Jsp's they in the open then
just have to use the deployment
manager to deploy again... it just means you have to FTP the files up or
install them to begin with
but this I think is what you looking for anyway..

Just look that up in the TC deployment manager stuff...