tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan D." <...@dubomail.com>
Subject Re: Out of Memory Errors when upgrading from 5.0.27 to 6.0.14
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:07:34 GMT
>Since it's the declared appBase, *any* directories immediately under it
>are going to be treated as webapps, and will create entries in Tomcat's
>work directory.

conf/Catalina/www.domain.com doesn't have any xml files, so that isn't it.
However, /home/user/html is the users home directory, so is the root of
where they upload files.  _Everything_ is in there.  This then is the root
of my problem.

Would it work to then change the appBase to "/home/user/html/ROOT", or would
it be better to have a secondary directory (/home/user/html/webapps) with a
ROOT directory inside of it?