tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan D." <...@dubomail.com>
Subject Re: Out of Memory Errors when upgrading from 5.0.27 to 6.0.14
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:24:28 GMT
Chuck,

I updated the server.xml for this user to be:

<Host name='www.domain.com'
                                debug='0'
                                appBase='/home/user/html'
                                unpackWARs='true'
                                autoDeploy='false'>
                                <Alias>domain.com</Alias>
                                <Valve
className='org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn'
                                        debug='0'/>
                                <Valve
className='org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve'
                                        directory='/var/log/user'
                                        prefix='tomcat_access.'
                                        suffix='.log'
                                        pattern='common'
                                        resolveHosts='false'/>
                        </Host>

I added a ROOT directory in /home/user/html, with a META-INF and WEB-INF
directory in it.  Added context.xml with the contents of:

<Context debug='0' reloadable='false'/>

inside META-INF.

Removed WEB-INF from /home/user/html.

Removed all contents from the Tomcat work directory as well.

When starting tomcat, however, the work directory is still full of
directories that have nothing to do with the actual application.

If I read your response correctly (there's a good chance I didn't), the
steps I took should be the right ones.  However, if that were the case,
should all of the random directories still have a place in the Tomcat work
directory?

Thanks!

Dan.