tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mohamed Mohamedin" <mohame...@easy-dialog.info>
Subject RE: Why Tomcat take about 15 minutes to start?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:26:28 GMT
The log is like this in the lines that cause the problem:

Feb 18, 2008 10:26:57 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.25
Feb 18, 2008 10:26:57 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).

The delay are between the line "INFO: XML validation disabled" and the next one  "log4j:WARN
No appenders could be found for logger"

And then the application starts correctly (Enhydra application) and in about 2 seconds

2008-02-18   22:39:32,036: (first log message from the application)
.
.
.
Feb 18, 2008 10:39:33 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 756278 ms (last log message)

Also I have no iptables.

Thanks