tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Ryan" <>
Subject Can't shutdown Tomcat
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:16:13 GMT
I am unable to shutdown Tomcat 5.5.17.

When I try to shutdown using /bin/ or "./ stop" it
just pauses like so .

Feb 4, 2008 4:51:00 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80

I have to kill the thread every time like so "pkill -9 java".
I am running on a Dell server with 2 AMD processors under Fedora 7.
I'm not sure what the problem might be but I've tried the following .

Switching from Sun's to IBM's 5.0 JRE.
chown -R root.root <tomcat-dir>
Nothing in the catalina.out file indicates what the source of the problem
might be (but its contents are not very verbose).
Anyone have any suggestions?

Tomcat is exhibiting other strange behavior for me as well.
It caches JSPs that have long since been replaced even though I've set
reloadable=true in the context.xml file.
It also periodically stops writing to catalina.out for some reason.
I'm guessing that the problems are related to my inability to shut it down

Thanks in advance.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: