tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <ebe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set ContentType from within Filter?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:08:03 GMT
"Christopher Schultz" <chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote in message
news:4794B4A1.3060204@christopherschultz.net...

> Eric B. wrote:
> | After further debugging, I noticed that my compiled JSP class file has a
> | response.setContentType( "text/html" ) as pretty much the first
> functional
> | line in the _jspService() method.  I checked my jsp file and don't
> have that
> | anywhere...  is this something that Jasper adds in automatically?
>
> Yes.
>
> | Is there a way to avoid it?
>
> Yes:
>
> <%@page contentType="text/css" %>

Ahhh yes - my mistake for not being clear enough.  I had already discovered
that.  Or another option is to put <% response.setContentType( "text/css" )
%>.  However, I am looking more in the sense that I don't want Jasper to put
anything in my output class.

Basically, the issue I am running into right now is that I have CSS pages
that have some JSP code in them.  Consequently, they need to be compiled.
However, I don't want to start putting in a tag within each JSP file to
indicate that it is a CSS page; rather I'd prefer to use a filter to
determine that for me, and set the content type in the filter itself.

However, as I have come to determine, Jasper will automatically insert a
content type in the file if I don't have one otherwise specified.  What I am
looking for is to prevent Jasper from doing that, and for me to do it myself
in my filter.

Is there anyway to control Jasper like that?

Thanks,

Eric