tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filipe David Manana" <fdman...@ieee.org>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 and loading of native libraries
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:22:07 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.23 and I have a webapp which uses a library (more
specifically, Oracle's JDBC) that loads a native library on my system (
libocijdbc10.so ).
Whenever I redeploy my webapp into tomcat, I get the exception
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError, since the native library was already loaded
before by another class loader. By what I understand, tomcat uses a
different class loader for each webapp (including new versions of existing
ones). Is there anyway to force tomcat to use the same class loader for all
webapps (or for new versions of existing ones) ?

The details of the exception:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library
/usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.3/client/lib/libocijdbc10.so already loaded in
another classloader
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1716)
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
	java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
	java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993)
	oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection$1.run(T2CConnection.java:3135)

Thanks

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@ieee.org

Obvious facts are like secrets to those not trained to see them.