tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jean-louis.ma...@bull.net
Subject Réf. : RE: Filtering the apache clients
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:05:22 GMT

Hello,

thank you Chuck, Ben and all at this list for your responses

I think I'll try the apache "secret" feature but i don't know which
attribute it matches under tomcat ajp connector conf ?
Any idea ?

Regards

Jean-Louis Matéo
Bull, Architect of an Open World TM
Bull SA - 53 r de l'Etang BP39 - 69578 LIMONEST
tél - 08 20 08 20 00
fax - 04 72 52 51 24
BULL TELESERVICE : Support et conseil logiciels & progiciels multi-éditeurs
GCOS - AIX - Open Source - Microsoft

                      Ben Stringer

                      <ben@burbong.com         Pour :   Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>

                      >                        cc :

                                               Objet :  RE: Filtering the apache clients

                      19/01/2008 08:31

                      Veuillez

                      répondre à

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 10:53 -0600, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > From: jean-louis.mateo@bull.net [mailto:jean-louis.mateo@bull.net]
> > Subject: Filtering the apache clients
> >
> > Is there any way of configuring the Tomcat <Connector> to
> > only accept AJP connections from a specific apache server?
>
> 1) Comment out the other <Connector> elements.
>
> 2) Configure the RemoteAddrValve for the desired IP address:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html#Remote%20Addre
> ss%20Filter
>
>  - Chuck

In addition to Chuck's suggestions, you may also be interested in the
"secret" setting that can be set in workers.properties on Apache HTTPD
and in the tomcat connector conf. This allows you to specify a shared
secret between Apache HTTPD and Tomcat, so connections will only be
accepted if the secret is provided in the connection attempt.

Search for "secret" in this page:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

Cheers, Ben