tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Amitava Chakraborty <amita...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Error encountered : JNDI on Tomcat 5.5 for Database Informix with Informix JDBC driver
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:02:06 GMT
Gabe,

Informix JDBC jars (ifxjdbc.jar , ifxjdbcx.jar) are already there under
./common/lib/

Thanks..
Amitava Chakraborty  PMPĀ®
Lead - Informix Interoperability
IBM India PVT LTD.
Plot No 1&2, Block - G, 2nd Floor ,
The Mira Corporation Suites, Old Ishwar Nagar,
Mathura Rd.       New Delhi 110065
Ph : Extn : 91-11-46592644 / 91-129-4033409
Mobile : +919958995870
Fax : 91-11-26921061
E - id : amitacha@in.ibm.com

             Gabe Wong
             <gabrielw@ngasi.c
                                       Tomcat Users List
             25/01/2008 11:13          <users@tomcat.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

               "Tomcat Users           Re: Error encountered : JNDI on
                   List"               Tomcat 5.5 for Database Informix
             <users@tomcat.apa         with Informix JDBC driver
                 che.org>

Amitava Chakraborty wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I am from IBM - Informix Product Interoperability team .  I tried to
> create a JNDI connection from Tomcat to Database Informix. But it is
> throwing error. I classified the error by the following way :
>
> 1. When I tried with type="javax.sql.DataSource"  , I am getting error
> "Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Can't load driver
> java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException)" .
>
> 2. When I tried with
type="com.informix.jdbcx.IfxConnectionPoolDataSource"
> , I am getting error  "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver".
>
> 3. But we use JNDI connections from WAS , WAS CE and Web Logic also.
There
> it works fine.

You need to add the driver under ./common/lib/
More info can be found here:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&w=2&r=1&s=No+suitable+driver&q=b

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
NEW! 8.0 - Centrally manage multiple physical servers