tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nuno Manuel Martins <nuno.mmartins_exte...@sonae.com>
Subject Socket Exception
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:17:37 GMT
Hello list,

I have an old version of tomcat (I know it is discontinued so if no help available though
luck) 5.0.28 running on RedHat EL 4 and there is an error constantly showing up in the logs:
Jan 29, 2008 3:55:18 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread runIt
SEVERE: Remote Host /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx SocketException: Connection reset

I have searched around the web and it seems although it is marked SEVERE it is not actually
that important since tomcat just goes along and ignores it. However I would still like to
know the cause of it, something I wasn't able to convince Google to tell me.

Anyone on the list knows what this is, what might be causing it and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Nuno