tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Milanez, Marcus" <>
Subject RES: Servlet Filter Not Intercepting?
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:21:13 GMT

Yes, filters atre supposed to intercept a requets just before it is accessed. Could you please
post your filter config written in your web.xml file?

Marcus Milanez

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Jay Liu []
Enviada em: terça-feira, 1 de janeiro de 2008 18:36
Assunto: Servlet Filter Not Intercepting?

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with filters. I setup filter to block access to a resource unless the
user is authenticated.

I've noticed that the resource is accessed then the filter kicks in and then loads.

I thought filters were supposed to intercept the request before the resource is accessed?

Is there something wrong with my xml configuration?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message