tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Albretch Mueller" <>
Subject org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement (Q & A)
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 02:49:22 GMT
 if you find exceptions looking like this:
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
SEVERE: End event threw exception
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(
  at org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod(
  at org.apache.commons.digester.SetNextRule.end(
  at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.end(
  at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(
  at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
. . .
 it means what is says ;-)
 but what I think is wrong is that TC conf parsers apparently attempt
to parse into the comments so that if you have some not well-formed
xml inside the comments, such as:

    Context configuration file for the Tomcat Administration Web App

    $Id: admin.xml 288428 2002-07-23 12:12:15Z remm $

 W Box at Work:

 they would pick it up
 I was using TC 4.1.36 but I think this is a bug. After being fed a
start comment, "<!--", sequence parsers should not attempt to resume
parsing till they fully get an ending, "-->", one

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message