tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Socket Exception
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:47:06 GMT
> From: Nuno Manuel Martins [mailto:nuno.mmartins_externo@sonae.com]
> Ah... nothing else can be the cause of this?

Anything that can cause a socket connection to fail or close before Tomcat's finished writing
to it.  But the most common cause is the user agent.

> Asking because these aren't normal users for sure, must be
> something automated since I'm getting some 50 messages a minute :(

Add an AccessLogValve (if you haven't already) and review your access logs.  Or, if you don't
want to restart your production Tomcat instance, use a network sniffer such as Ethereal or
tcpdump and go hunting for the traffic - you have the remote IP address(es), so you should
be able to filter it reasonably effectively.  Is this coming from one particular IP, or many?

                - Peter