tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Oser <os...@oserconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Only see html/code
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:17:04 GMT
My guess is that the problem is with: favicon.ico and your URL
specification

The following works ok:
http://67.207.133.158:8180/cwrecyclers/
http://cwrecyclers.hopto.org:8180/cwrecyclers/

On Windows XP, the following works with Internet Explorer except for
the icon:
http://cwrecyclers.hopto.org

On my Mac using Firefox and a utility called ServiceCapture by Kevin
Langdon.
I see:
Looking at http://cwrecylers.hopto.org
> <title>404 Not Found</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Not Found</h1>
> <hr>
> <address>Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_jk/1.2.18 mod_python/3.2.10
> Python/2.4.4 PHP/5.2.0-8+etch9 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at
> cwrecyclers.hopto.org Port 80</address>

Doing a search of favicon.ico in the Tomcat Users List, I see:

dean@computingoasis.com wrote back:

> Hey! That worked out. I changed my url-pattern to just *.jsp and
> now my favicon works correctly and entry into my application works
> seemlessly.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Dean Searle
> Computing Oasis