tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: sharing session cookies across sub-domains - how?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:38:29 GMT
It's technically possible that cookies get shared accros domains,
setting the cookie domaine to .mydomain.com. However, it will be of no
help to you, because each subdomain runs it's own set of webapps in
tomcat. The session can't be shared across webapps. If you need to
shared datas with your subdomain, you would need a way to pass an
identifier (a cookie) accross domains your self and get yourself shared
datas from some common repository of data (a database for example).

As for just authentification, a valve like the signle sign on valve
could be useful. But valves won't magically make your session datas shared.