tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: SOLVED [ANN] Apache Tomcat JK 1.2.26 Web Server Connector released
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:45:01 GMT
Haroon Rafique wrote:

> Your above question got me thinking and I said to myself, I don't harve any
> VirtualHosts. And then, I remembered SSL. In my config for apache 2.2.6,
> there is an include for conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf and of course :443 is
> served via a VirtualHost.

Hmm, you might be hitting the point here.
When tightening up the vhost mappings we probably overlooked the
SSL (or any other protocol) scenario, where the actual vhost is
the same, only the protocol is different.
However since the SSL is inside vhost and can have its own
native mappings it complies to the vhost concept.
Anyhow, you made me think that we should probably fine-tune
our vhost separation beyond actual Httpd vhost concept
by checking the actual vhost name and protocol.
In case only the protocol is different we should treat them
as one regarding jk mounts thought.

Regards
--
(TM)