tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: getting SEVERE: Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused error
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:21:37 GMT
ps -aex | grep tomcat | grep java

first part limit to tomcat processes, second part strip non java
processes that are related to tomcat (like the grep tomcat of previous
line ;)
If you need more explicit selection, include the home directory of
tomcat in the grep calls. Here we use, as part of our stop/wait 2
minutes/kill script, the following expression:

**kill -9  `ps -aex | grep tomcat | grep intranet | awk '{print $1}'`**

(tomcat being run inside a folder named intranet)

En l'instant précis du 30/01/08 12:37, Meir Yanovich s'exprimait en ces
termes:
> Well this is problematic abit
> When I do : ps -fu <myUserName>
> Im getting something like this :
> /opt/jdk1.5.0_11/jdk/bin/java -Xmn100M -Xms256M -Xmx256M -Djava.util.logging.ma
>
> I have more java process that are running .. can I somhow get the tomcat name shown ?
to be more unique , so I can grep it?

http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)