tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: IP Filters for subfolders
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:15:54 GMT
En l'instant précis du 30/01/08 12:50, Ray Allen s'exprimait en ces termes:
> I'm trying to restrict http access to a given folder.  All the documentation
> points to appending the /conf/server.xml entry with the following text:
>
>  <Context path="/restricted" ...>
>     <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
>     allow="192.168.*.*" />
>   </Context>

That is restricting access to a context name restricted, it's not the
same a resrticting access to a folder of a specific webapp.
Also, the allow is a coma separated list of regular expression. You
should probably use this for your allow:
allow="192\.168\..*"

http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)