tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat JK 1.2.26 Web Server Connector released
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:58:03 GMT
Hi Haroon,

the change in the status worker display that you noticed is not directly
related to your problem, only so far, as we changed a couple of things
around the mount tables.

The good: more information in the status worker.

The ugly: stricter handling of JkMount/JkMountFile etc. with respect to
virtual hosts. It should have behaved for a long time in the way, that
mounts are not inherited between virtual hosts and also not from the
global server to any virtual host.

The debug log statement you cite indicates, that there is no mount known
in a virtal host you are using.

So first question: Do you have an VirualHost in your apache httpd
configuration?

If so: first find out, which VirtualHost handles your requests. This
might be trivial, in some cases it is not trivial. If you are not sure,
you can configure a different CustomLog in the global server and for
wach VirtualHost and then check, in which CustomLog your request got logged.

Once you know, which VirtualHost handles your request, you can either:

- define all relevant JkMount/JkUnMount/JkMountfile in the VirtualHost

or

- define them globally and copy all of them into the VirtualHost by
setting "JkMountCopy On" inside the virtual host.

In case you have lots of VirtualHost and you want them all to share
several JkMounts, put them into the global server and add "JkMountCopy
all" to the global server.

I hope that is understandable?

Regards,

Rainer