tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Milou <emmanuel.mi...@savoirfairelinux.com>
Subject Wrong path to servlets
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:46:33 GMT
Hi,
I would like to have your input on this problem. It is quite tricky and
I hope you will be able to help me.
Here is my configuration: JDK 1.6.0_03, Apache-Tomcat5.5.25, connector
ajp13.
When I click on an option in the menu bar of my home page, JSP code is
executed to call the servlet. It looks like that:
/getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/servlet/path_to_servlet").forward(request,response);

/The problem is that before the page is displayed, the path is modified,
and if the JSP file was in a subdirectory (for instance named toto), the
name of the directory is added to the path, and finally the browser
looks for /toto/servlet/path_to_servlet, /which doesn't exist and I get
an 404 Not Found Error. The right URL is /servlet/path_to_servlet, it
works when I manually test.
It gives the same result for each JSP file saved in a subdirectory.
You must know that I used to run Tomcat 5.5 with the same configuration
and it worked fine.
Thanks for your help.

Emmanuel

--