tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Servlet or filter (or valve) that acts like mod_jk
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:10:14 GMT
Tim Funk wrote:
> Have you tried .. http://sourceforge.net/projects/j2ep
>
> I do not know of a jk implemention done in java.

JMeter includes an AJP13 client. I would expect that to be overkill though.

I also do not know of any fully featured Java based reverse proxy
servlet. In your case, you might be able to write something reasonable
on top of httpclient for the HTTP protocol (using http to the backend
and not AJP13).

It's not trivial, because e.g. you can't simply forward all HTTP headers
(some of them indicate prtocol features, and if you forward them you
need to configure your backend connection to be in compliance with what
the headers indicate - example: connection keep alive handling).
Nevertheless, if you understand the cases for which you actually need
the forwarding good enough and they are limited in variation, it might
be best to write the servlet from scratch using httpclient for the
protocol part.

> -Tim
>
> Brantley Hobbs wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I have rather an odd situation that I'm hoping someone can give me
>> some advice on.
>>
>> Short version:
>> I need to know if there's a servlet, filter or valve that can be used
>> to provide the same functionality as mod_jk does for Apache.  In other
>> words, I want to map certain requests to a JK connector running on a
>> different servlet container.

Regards,

Rainer