tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <gabri...@ngasi.com>
Subject Re: Question about Tomcat/IIS and NTLM authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:03:27 GMT
eborisow wrote:
> Gabe Wong wrote:
>
>> Could be how logging output is setup. The constructor may be created
>> before output gets redirected elsewhere.
>> Look in the other log files under the logs directory. Also is the realm
>> configured in server.xml or context.xml?
>>

> Gabe,<br/><br/>
>
> Here's the thing.  I also added logging (just System.out for right now) to
> the hasRole method and I saw the output from that method.<br/><br/>
>
> The realm is defined in the server.xml.<br/><br/>

Do you have the following set - tomcatAuthentication="false" in the AJP
connector in the server.xml

I believe as the user is already authenticated via IIS, the authenticate method is not called
in this situation.
So you may try overriding:
 protected Principal getPrincipal(String username)

--
Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement
NEW! 8.0 - Centrally manage multiple physical servers