tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Juha Laiho <Juha.La...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: JDBC connection through JNDI
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:27:01 GMT
Hehl, Thomas wrote:
> I wish to create a JDBC connection and store it in a JNDI tree for use by a
> spring configuration file that usually runs my tomcat webapp. I'm trying to
> figure out how tomcat creates the connection pool from my config file and
> stores it in JNDI, but it is absolutely beyond me.

Hello,

here's one document for you to read - unless you've already seen it:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html#Adding%20Custom%20Resource%20Factories

That tells one part of JNDI resource construction. In the most cases you wouldn't
even need your own resource factory, but can rely on those supplied with Tomcat,

For JDBC resources, the documentation looks like it uses some heuristics to
choose org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory as the resource
factory to use (perhaps by looking at the "type" attribute of the resource
definition) and the other attributes from the resource definition are passed to the
factory class, which uses them to set properties on the resource to be created.

Perhaps, if you could elaborate on what exact information you're looking for (and
for what purpose), you might get more on-spot answers.
--
..Juha