tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: isapi_redirector & protected Diretories
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:46:32 GMT
Hi Holger,

Holger Burde wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I did a Netbeans 6 JSF Project recently  which was developed and tested
> with Tomcat6. The final installation was set up with  Tomcat 6.0.14
> behind IIS6 (Connectors / isapi_rediretor (latest version)).
>
> Running some tests we discovered  that allmost all Javascript was
> filtered out and we got almost blank pages. The Reason was that the
> isapi_redirector filters out every access to any URI which *contains*
> META-INF / WEB-INF ANYWERE in the PATH.
>
> Example : javascript   $CONTEXT/theme/META-INF/json/json.jsf
>
> This is not THE META-INF config directory - its just a Path which
> accidential contains META-INF !!!
>
> Is there any way to configure access to such directories or ist his a
> Bug in the isapi_redirector ? From the source it looks like it a
> substring Match which filters out anything. Any Comments on this are
> welcome.

No, there is no way to change this via configuration. A context path can
be multiple-directories, so since we don't know what's exactly deployed
in the backend, we need to secure all possible WEB-INF and META-INF
directories.

Best would be to not use those names for normal content directories. Not
only because your isapi redirector problem, but also because admins
might misinterprete the directories.

If the stuff in the directories is static and you deploy it on IIS
itself, you can use an exclusion mount for them. That way we don't find
a worker, and for requests that don't get send to the backend, there is
no such check. Be careful though, you don't want to expose your real
META-INF resp. WEB-INF.

> Thanks in advance
>

> Hb
>
> Java developer