tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Fw: Tomcat 4.x, 5.x Client mode vs Server mode and JAVA_OPTS, how-to-know which is running?
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:52:39 GMT
Martin Gainty schrieb:

> I dont believe you can force JAVA VM to run in 'server-mode' configuration
> on any windows box
> perhaps if you try to use -server option configured in the  %JAVA_OPTS%
> with a AMD64 bit processor?
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/vm/server-class.html

C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_04\bin>java -version
java version "1.6.0_04"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)

C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.6.0_04\bin>java -server -version
java version "1.6.0_04"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode)

Server class detection only describes the rules for automatic
client/server choice. You can always force your choice.

David: if you don't specify via -server/-client, it will be client VM on
32 Bit Win.

Regards,

Rainer