tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Avoiding same server to server HTTP calls to generate HTML pages via JSPs
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 23:35:16 GMT
There are two easy methods that should work:

1. The <c:import ... /> tag of the standard tag library -- see
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html

2. RequestDispatcher from the servlet spec which can not only forward,
but also perform includes

Both incorporate the output of jsps and servlets in the current
request's output.  My personal preference is the <c:import ... /> tag as
it's clean, easy, and can work across contexts on the same tomcat server
with hardly any coding on your part.

--David