tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: need help with Tomcat-generated redirects
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:48:53 GMT
Hi Julian,

Julian Dunn schrieb:
> Hi,
> I have some applications running under a Tomcat installation set up
> in this way:
> [load balancer on port 80] ---> [Apache server on port 5001] -->
> [Tomcat server on port 7001]
> One of the Tomcat applications sends a redirect to Apache because
> there is a <welcome-file> directive. However, the redirect that is
> sent says:
> instead of
> On the Apache side, I already have ServerName set to
> to solve this problem for mod_rewrite. What is the corresponding
> directive for Tomcat?

How do you connect Apache to Tomcat?
If you are using mod_jk, the module gets the port it sends to Tomcat via
ap_get_server_port(), which in turn depends on UseCanonicalName. If this
is set to On, the port is also determined from the port in ServerName.

The AJP protocol then makes sure, that Tomcat thinks it's using the port
that mod_jk told Tomcat.

In case this doesn't work or you are using some other way to connect
Apache to Tomcat:

The connector element in server.xml knows about attributes proxyName,
proxyPort and scheme. See

> - Julian

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: