tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: other ways to change the Connector element in server.xml?
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:37:34 GMT
Hi Anna,

Anna Nhan schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to change the Connector element in server.xml without
> manually editing the file?  Could we, for example, change the
> CATALINA_OPTS line using a script or C code to choose whether to use
> HTTP or HTTPS,  the file path to the keystore and keystore password,
> and whether or not the server should require client authentication?

Starting with TC 5.0 you can use system properties in server.xml, which
you can set during startup as commandline arguments
(-Dname.of.the.property=value).

You refer to a system property in server.xml with ${name.of.the.property}.

If you don't like a very long command line, you can also set system
properties by adding them to catalina.properties (e.g. the startup
script could concatenate a master catalina.properties with additional
lines coming out of the script).

Those ideas don't really help for passwords though (i.e. they don't get
more secret by this).

> Thanks,
> Anna

Regards,