tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Redirect "HOST" to "HOST:PORT"
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:35:42 GMT
> falvarez@geocom.com.uy a écrit :
>
> I'm running tomcat 5.0 in a SUSE environment.
> To access the webapp the user has to enter in a web browser
> "app.server:8443" and it automatically redirects to
> "https://app.server:8443/myapp/servlet/login" (this is made with an
> index.htm in the ROOT context). What I have been looking
> for is to avoidthe user to enter the port

You apparently have Tomcat configured to listen on port 8443 for HTTPS requests.  If you don't
have httpd or some other web server already listening on 443, you can just configure Tomcat
to use that instead, and then make sure Tomcat has the privilege to use 443 when it starts
up.  Alternatively, set iptables to route requests for 443 to 8443.  The latter it probably
the simplest.

 - Chuck