tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "印华" <h...@cheercode.com>
Subject how to communicate between different tomcat servers
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 04:59:51 GMT
hi, all
I build a web application based on tomcat. In my design, I devide the server side into several
separate logic parts,and each part is deployed on a separate Tomcat server. e.g. the first
tomcat server is to process login request, second tomcat server is to calculate user data,
the third tomcat server is to store all the user information. It is a distribute architecure,
and I hope in this way, this system can be extended by adding tomcat server when the application
load on one Tomcat server is big enough.  For example, when the second tomcat server's calculation
work is too big, I can add a new Tomcat server to do calculation work, so do the first Tomcat
server for processing login, while in the system, there is only one Tomcat server to store
the total user information. This architecture is widely used in the Client/Server mode application,
while I'm not sure whether in Browser/Server mode it can work.
I think this requirment is different to the Tomcat cluster, because Tomcat cluster can solve
the load balance problem, while in my case, I would like to keep some global data on one Tomcat
server such as the third tomcat server. So currently, I meet a problem of how to communicate
between the tomcat servers, I think http or webservice can do this work simply, but the efficiency
is not good, and I don't know whether JMS is a good choice for this. I wonder if there is
any other way to communicate between the tomcat server? Can tomcat servers work in such a
distribute way?

Any help and suggestion will be welcome.

Thank you very much

Frank