tomcat-users mailing list archives

From alphamanic <yog_pa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Simple Security Manager how to ?
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:38:43 GMT

Hi,

As suggest on in the doc
http://localhost:8080/docs/security-manager-howto.html
i've made the changes to the catalina.policy file how do i ensure that file
is loaded during my startup.

In the doc they are using the following command:
%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina start -security      (Windows)
But my bin directory does not contain catalina, it contains the following:
bootstrap.jar
tomcat6
tomcat6w
tomcat-juli.jar

I've added the -security text to the tomcat configuration under startup tab
where the argument is start -security but my tomcat fails to load with the
following error:

28-Jan-2008 21:30:19 org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap main
WARNING: Bootstrap: command "start -security" does not exist.

Can someone please suggest where do i need to put -security?

thanks in advance