tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gavan Hood <oohogw...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How can I speed up and reduce load of initialization
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 01:35:38 GMT
My web app is very simple, two servlets already installed so no war file.
  Once it finally gets going it is very responsive, the initialization just takes forever...

  I have some war files coming, but I figure if I cannt get this basic initialization to work
theres not much point.

  Is tomcat supposed to work in embedded environments like this, is it something others are
trying / have working , Is it part of the roadmap ?

Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowther@melandra.com> wrote:
  > From: Gavan Hood [mailto:oohogwash@yahoo.com]
> My problem is the initialization.
> When I start tomcat it takes about two minutes to complete
> initialization and pegs my little processor at times, often
> it keeps it around 80% untilized...

Yeah, that's not good in an embedded device!

2 minutes with or without your application deployed? i.e. how much of that time is Tomcat
startup, and how much is Tomcat deploying your webapp / your webapp startup?

How is your application packaged? Are you unpacking it from a WAR, or is it already unpacked?

- Peter