tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rohit" <rohit.ya...@3i-infotech.com>
Subject RE: file transfer error
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:46:10 GMT
I have permissions to write files. I am able to do that manully and thorugh
single program also. I am not able to do it through tomcat.
Please let me know if there is some configuration required in tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: file transfer error

You don't have permission to write (or open?) files on the remote
machine - check the permission tomcat is running as vs who can open
files on the remote machine

(Access is denied)

-Tim

Rohit wrote:
> Dear All,
>     I have a typical problem. When I am trying to copy files from
> through tomcat on one computer to other computer then I get exceptions as
:-

> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> \\10.1.103.110\FileUpload\Punjab\02-jan-08.enr
> <file://\\10.1.103.110\FileUpload\Punjab\02-jan-08.enr> (Access is denied)
>  at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
>  at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
>  at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
>  at extractor.MovingFile.copyFile(MovingFile.java:43)
>  at extractor.MovingFile.copyDirectory(MovingFile.java:31)
>  at extractor.FileGeneratorServlet.doGet(FileGeneratorServlet.java:97)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

---
This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.
It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.If you have erroneously
received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges
that 3i Infotech or its subsidiaries and  associated companies, (collectively "3i Infotech"),
are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of
the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the
message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority
of 3i Infotech. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.