tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "khalid syed" <khalid....@gmail.com>
Subject PLS-00201: identifier '<package_name.procedure_name>' must be declared
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:55:46 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to call a stored procedure defined within a package in Oracle
database from my servlet using java.sql.CallableStatement
The connection is established using JNDI.
I get the error:
PLS-00201: identifier '<package_name.procedure_name>' must be declared

However, the procedure gets executed when I try calling it with the schema
name prefixed - '<schema_name.package_name.procedure_name>'. The connection
is established using the same schema credentials. I have given the necessary
grants to the database user/schema.

Could you please let me know the following:
1. Do I necessarily need to mention the schema name to call the procedure.
2. If it is required how do I get the schema/user id from the JNDI settings
under Context.

Thanks and Regards,
Khalid Syed.