tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HttpSessionActivationListener not getting called in the Tomcat 5.5.20 clustered mode.
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:22:53 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> There might be a problem in clustered mode. That will take longer to test
> because I know I don't have a test case ready to go.

To summarise:
Unclustered - As far as I can see, everything works as per the spec

Clustered - This is a little tricky. The spec defines what should happen if
a session is moved from one VM to another but it doesn't specify what to do
if a session is replicated on multiple nodes. This is one of those grey
areas that needs some clarification in the spec. As I can't see anything
that isn't explicitly non-compliant, I don't think there is a strong case
for any code changes here.

Mark