tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat data source
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 11:01:16 GMT
Then you might want to incorporate your own DBCP pool and a brief config
page in your webapp.

- Store config data in a properties file inside WEB-INF or somewhere else.
- Use a ServletContextListener to initialize the DataSource and store it
in the ServletContext.
- Implement a secured jsp or servlet to configure DBCP at runtime and
store the result in the config file
- On change have the jsp or servlet close down the existing DBCP and
replace it with a new one.
- Update all the other jsps and servlets to get their DataSource from
the ServletContext

That's what I'd do at least.

--David